Saturday 31 January 2015

A wonderful Journey

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge'
DAY 30


'Brook Beach'  Isle of Wight


oil on board 8" x 8"

Well, that's it folks!
The oil paints are put away, the easel and table are cleaned and I've finished my 'Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge'.
Feels good.
I'm just putting the finishing touches to the canapés and the champagne is chilling in the fridge for the showing tonight at 7pm sharp.
The Isle of Wight - a much maligned holiday destination, but I beg to differ.





We spent a fabulous week in Ventnor in a wonderfully preserved 1960's dwelling which was designed by a rather eccentric woman and her sister. Not your regular house either. The living quarters are all on the first floor and you access them via a wrought iron, spiral staircase. Everything was authentic 1960's and austin Powers would not have looked out of place.
The views from the balcony that ran the full length of the house were to die for.
The week was spent bimbling round the various coves and beaches.Trust me, no two are the same.
The island is famous for it's range of coloured sands, though I declined to have a go at layering them into various receptacles. 
However, Isle of Wight rock was purchased along with a 'Kiss Me Quick' hat. I

 know what's 'on trend'.


Why not join me over on my Facebook page where it's all happening and get regular updates in your newsfeed and information regarding up and coming sales and exclusive offers?

Jules xxwww.facebook.com/jujuandbubba

www.jujuandbubba.co.uk


0 comments:

Post a Comment